Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Crazy Little Thing Called Life

I never thought that I would start a blog. But lately I have had a lot of thoughts running around in my head and feelings that need a way to escape my crazy brain, so I decided to just go for it. Who knows how often I'll be able to actually sit down in front of a computer to write anything, but I figured it is worth a try. Plus, most thoughts just don't fit in a facebook status update. Life just doesn't exist in 250 characters!

My life is busy (but whose isn't?). I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister, full-time youth minister; the list doesn't seem that big, but all these things take up large amounts of time. How is anyone supposed to balance everything? I wake up, get myself and my two girls ready, get out the door (eating breakfast in the car), drop the girls off at day care, go to work for 8 hours, pick up the girls from day care, get home, make dinner, eat dinner, spend some time with my kids (maybe an hour if I'm lucky), put the girls to bed, and by that time I'm exhausted so I usually head to bed without taking care of the dishes, my relationship with my husband, or even myself. Most days I feel inadequate as a housekeeper, wife, or mother. But I know that I am doing the best I can. My kids have a good life. They are well taken care of (though I may lose my temper or my patience and raise my voice from time to time) and know that they are loved. And I hope that my husband feels the same way too.

In the midst of it all, I joined Weight Watchers (another thing to add to my already busy plate!) and started running (what am I, Crazy?!). I think it has helped to calm me down a little though. It's the little bit of "me time" that I get. It may not be every day, but it's a start!

My faith and my family help me get through all of the craziness that life has to offer, and somehow I manage to thrive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment